Friday, July 30, 2010

quote/philosophy

"If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as the hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

So this pretty much sums up my attitude towards people who were insensitive or uncaring during our infertility struggles. Is it wrong to pretty much cut them out of my life (to the extent that that is possible)? Some of them are co-workers, and I feel like their treatment of me was the deciding factor in whether we are friends or colleagues. I used to listen to their talk about their spouses and their kids (or plans for kids), and now I kind of don't care to hear any of it. I don't really want to talk to them about anything other than work stuff. And the so-called friends that turned the other way, I feel like they don't deserve my friendship ever again. Why should I be friends with someone who can't support me (or just be nice to me) when I am down? I had one that actually said she couldn't be my friend while she was pregnant because it made her feel guilty. Niiiiiiiiiice.

No comments:

Post a Comment