Sunday, September 27, 2009

another one bites the dust

Well, yet another friend is pregnant. And on her second month of trying. I wonder what that even feels like. She is one of my best friends, so she knows all of what D and I are going through, and I am glad that she never had to go through it. That's not to say I am not jealous at all, because I am, but I am happy for her too. The common paradoxical emotion of a member of an infertile couple: jealousy mixed with happiness.

In good news for me and D, I was paying my share of the bills today. D and I decided that we would pay only the minimums on our debts, and the rest that we normally pay would go in to savings for IVF. Well, just from my portion, I was able to sock away $800!! Once I get my pay increase for earning my masters degree, that will be at least $1000. Add in D's portion, and we should be good to go by December. Holy shit.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can soooooo related to everything you are saying. I read your comment on another infertility blog about the magic formula being starting adoption and wa la someone gets pregnant. UGH, that made me crazy or my personal favorite "just relax!" I could write a book about that and actually, I am including some of these painful, mean things in my book.
    Good luck. I'll be thinking of you!!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete