Monday, August 2, 2010

top ten finished!

1. Sleeping in.

2. Having the freedom to switch my sleep schedule to my husband's on my weekends and summers off (he works night shift).

3. Getting to have spontaneous date nights with no worry about getting a sitter.

4. Having the freedom to watch whatever I want, whenever I want, and not worry about appropriateness.

5. I can have all the road rage I want, and swear all I want, and not worry about setting a bad example.

6. I can continue to spoil my kitties with attention and cuddling for hours at a time.

7. I can talk on the phone to my sister for hours with no interruptions.

8. We can take a trip anywhere we want to.

9. We can save a bigger chunk of money each month toward our dream cabin in the woods, so it will actually happen before we retire.

10. It's a lot easier to experiment with recipes when I only have to worry about two people's preferences.

2 comments:

  1. nice list, never though to put down one of my own when it comes to why i have chosen to be childfree instead of childless - I'm infertile by natures choice but childfree by my own choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! It's always good to think of the "positives" to life's situations. I figure, if I can't control my infertility ... I can at least control how I react to it.

    Sounds easy, I know. But the truth is ... it took me many MANY years to reach that stage. And then there are STILL some days where I'm back at square one.

    HUGS! Glad you finished your list!

    ReplyDelete