Tuesday, August 25, 2009

good news?

I was telling a couple friends about the doctor visit yesterday, and the need for surgery, etc. And one of them said "that is excellent news!" Really? Needing surgery on my uterus is excellent news? I mean, I totally get that it is at least something fixable, but there's still a risk involved. It's my uterus, for godsake; I kind of need it to be in good working condition. "Excellent" news would have been "that growth in your uterus disappeared on its own" or "your husband's motility is now 90%" not "it's a fibroid, and it's huge, so you definitely need surgery, and if those cysts don't go away, you will need more serious surgery."

Sure it's a step toward our goal of pregnancy, but it still kind of sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog!

    While I wouldn't classify this as "excellent news" either, know that I'm rooting for you and wishing you well.

    Will be following your blog and hope that I can offer some support along the way!

    ReplyDelete