Monday, December 21, 2009

only infertiles

I am waiting for my period to arrive this week so I can call the RE's office and start birth control pills in preparation for IVF in January. This morning I was thinking, "I can't wait for my period to start." And then I thought, only infertiles (or people who don't want to be pregnant, I suppose) ever feel that way at some point in their infertility journey. It's all about waiting, and once you finally arrive at the point of taking part in some type of procedure, you almost always have to wait until your period starts again. Sure, I hope it won't come, and the "one sperm" that it takes actually made it through the non-moving ones and fertilized an egg. But my logical side knows that is highly unlikely, so I am in the "it's almost here! it's almost here!" thinking that a person usually has for Christmas and birthdays. I suppose I have it for Christmas too, but more for getting the final process started.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your cycle to start. I feel the same way about periods...we either really want them (to start a cycle) or don't (because we are pregnant). It's funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete