Friday, December 4, 2009

infertility curiosity

I have noticed that people tend to ask me this question a lot: "how are...things?" Like they want to know what's going on with me and D fertility-wise, but they don't know what/how to ask. One co-worker friend asks this fairly frequently, but sometimes he asks something like "how are things on the baby front?" Then I know he wants details, but the first, vague question doesn't tell me that. I feel like I've laid it all out for people several times, and it makes some of them uncomfortable. It's hard to gauge how much people want to know. I don't really care who knows what (as long as I'm the one to tell them), but some of them don't really want to know, you know? :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I haven't shared anything about our infertility with colleagues. I'd say, "When we have news, we'll tell you."

    End of story. It's a nice way of saying, "none of your business."

    ReplyDelete